What to Consider Before Installing Tile Flooring
So, you’ve decided to install tile flooring. Luckily for you the wide varieties of tile flooring enables you an equally wide selection that best suits your project. Here are some important things you should consider before you select and buy the appropriate tile flooring and much before you start the installation process.
- Choosing tile flooring Tile flooring has many advantages – durability and low-maintenance are two of the most obvious.
- Selecting the right SIZE, STYLE and TEXTURE Flooring tiles come in all sorts of shapes, sizes and textures. The size of tile flooring ranges from one inch to 2 feet per tile, the most common in between one and one and a half feet.
- Choosing the Style Tile flooring offers many style options to choose from. These depend upon your desired look. A rugged or rustic appearance, such as the look you get from Saltillo tile flooring, will be ideal if you want a natural, lived-in look in your flooring. While for high traffic and commercial areas, porcelain tile is a good choice for durability.
- Choosing appropriate grout color and width Grout is a cement-oriented bonding material used for filling joints between tiles. It has added colors to compliment your tile flooring. Ask your sales rep about the varieties grout for tile flooring that might work best with your chosen type of tile flooring.
- Installation materials and methods there are different installation methods for tile flooring. But one aspect is common in every method, i.e. the preparation should be looked into in detail prior to the start of installation. You should make sure that you have the right materials a high quality bonding material, grout, a sealer and the right tools for cutting the type of tile you’ve chosen. For the inexperienced, it may be a time and money saver in the long run if you hire an experienced tile flooring installer.
- Maintenance Tile flooring is one of the easiest types of floors to clean. If maintained regularly, they will retain their shine and aesthetic appeal for a lengthy period.